Monday 3 September 2012

I Eventually Want Children But CHD Is Holding Me Back


To be honest, the people I know, including my self never really thought id live to do my G.C.S.E’s, but, obviously, I have. I passed all 8, I have A-levels, two I have passeed, one of which being something that I thouroughly enjoy as a hobby, and I have passed my Level 3, NVQ in Childcare.
I never wanted to do Childcare as a youngster, I wanted to be a singer (like all other little girls), then I wanted to be a vet because I always thought I had a way with animals, but after I had turned about 15 I realised that my possibilty of having Kids were slim.



Honestly, I didnt really feel much attachment towards my younger family, nieces and nephews, dont get me wrong, I loved them all to absolute pieces, I just always wanted to do other things like run about outside and climb scaffolding at the building site around my estate. But as I grew older I knew deep down inside that I would always want my own baby some one to love me just as much as I love them, some one who wouldnt judge me for who I am or what I have been through. At the age of 3 and a half I was told by the doctors that I cant have children due to my heart condition, then after my second operation I was told that there was a possibilty but it would have to be reconsidered at each hospital appointment every 9 months, then, in July of 2009 I was told that I am able to have my own Children with the extra care of professionals throughout pregnancy, then in March of 2011 I was told that I would even be able to withstand a natural birth so you can only imagine the Joy that was going through me when I am hearing this, something that I never thought I would hear.
Artist of the week during first year of my A-Levels
During my Last year of my A-Levels, when I  was about 17 I realised that I really wanted to have a child, at the time it wasnt a possibility so instead I wanted to something that I thought would kind of, fulfill my want for a child, and obviously, Childcare came to mind. So I finished my A-Levels, and went to College and studied NVQ Level 3 in Childcare, I loved every minute of it, I did placement in a Childrens Nursey working with babies from about 4 months old, to children the age of 12. I must have done a good Job as i got place in the Nursery at working level when my course finished. I love every minute of my job, yes there are ups and downs with my job, health wise, both physically and mentally, but it is very enjoyable, with the children you need to have a lot of patience otherwise oyu would be pulling your hair out half of the time haha. It’s easy to feel under pressure in any work place, but as most of you know, feeling the pressure is a different matter when you have a heart condition, or any other health problem as u feel it 10 times harder than the average person. Simple tasks such as lifting a child, or pkaying football with the children are quite daunting as running or jumping can leave me breathless and add to the palpitations, whilst lifting to quickly can cause me to go light headed. This is something I will need to speak about at my next appointment with my cardiologist but I dont think it’s too worrying considering all my poor body has been through haha.
To look at me I know that you wouldnt think I am ill, and Honestly a lot of the time I dont feel it, but when I am working or messing with my nieces and nephews, (who I love to absolute pieces by the way), or even laughing, I do sometimes feel the difference health wise, with silly things such as breathlessness, palpitations and dizzyness, it all takes its toll, so I need to remember to take my time and enjoy what I have without trying to rush it, good things happen in time, if we had everything handed to us on a plate we wouldnt appreciate them when we try for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment